Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Kirks' Christmas Recap

We stayed home this year and it was so great to play, play with the children. Christmas Eve morning we had breakfast with Santa at the Carolina Inn with Nana and Pop and it was so much fun. Wyatt ran those halls as if he owned them. I could eat him up as if he were cheesy grits they serve there! I just love the way light beams in through the windows on these photos.


An actual decent picture with Santa!


I must add a video here. When Santa breaks out in a "ho,ho,ho" Wyatt's face is priceless. He didn't realize who's lap he was sitting on and he jets like a running back! Hilarious!

Daddy got his picture taken with a very tall Eric Montross (former Carolina and pro-basketball player) who was also dining with his family. He probably could have fit in his lap!

And of course our forever attempt at a family shot (why do I even bother?)



Thanks Nana and Pop for a very memorable morning!

More to come on the Christmas morning excitement. Have I mentioned our camera broke? That has just complicated things for us quite a bit so my picture posting abilities are delayed....

We left the cookies and picture out for Santa:

Wyatt was SUPER excited about his new train table. And yes, if you look closely it is BARELY light outside, thanks to my early riser - Miss E. It kept him occupied for several hours while Emerson opened her many, many gifts. None of which were as important as the Snow White doll she asked Santa for:


Fun times having a sibling to share Christmas morning with. I have such fond memories of my sister and I waking up excited on Christmas morning.
And mommy's favorite part - the stocking. Who knew a sock could hold so much happiness (and wife-beaters)?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment